Join the Fisheries Department in their efforts to conserve our Saint Lucia!
World Environment Day – Monday, 5th June 2017 Theme : Connecting People to Nature
World Oceans Day – Thursday, 8th June 2017 – Theme : Our Oceans; Our Future
Conservation Action Focus: Encouraging Solutions to plastic pollution and preventing marine litter for a healthier ocean and a better future
Fisheries Planned Activities include:
1. Information / Pledge support desk @ the Massy Waterfront Branch on Tuesday, 6th June and Thursday, 8th June 2017
2. Information / Pledge support desk @ the Massy JQ Branch on Wednesday, 7th June 2017
3. Ocean Awareness Campaign @ Vigie Beach on Thursday 8th June 2017 @ 4 p.m.
What happens at Vigie?
1. Grab one (1) piece of marine litter (garbage) on the beach
2. Accumulate the marine litter into a message
3. Participants will “create a protective barrier” by joining hands along Vigie Beach to protect our oceans from Marine Litter
Massy Store has agreed to sponsor and support this activity. Prizes and reusable bags will be given to encourage participation. All messages will focus on environmental issues and the impact of marine litter. The aim is to reduce the use of Plastic bottles, Plastic bags, Styrofoam.
For more information, please contact the Fisheries Department.